Friday, December 17

frugal fashion

I'm certainly not the cheapest person on the planet. But, it's just that, well, I am not made of money. And though I wish I were (at times), I have to live on somewhat of a budget. 

I am going to try to dedicate Friday to outfit posts. I am fashion savvy enough to at least attempt to talk the talk... with the help of either my 5-year-old camera or my rinky-dink camera phone.  They work...

Mostly, I have been inspired by this fabulous woman, (it has nothing to do with the name similarity), and I wanted to take a small stab at it. Though I am no where near as impressive as she is, and many others are, I know that I will eventually improve. 



Let's start with the boots.  These boots were made for strutting... trust me.  Definitely a year old (don't be fooled ladies- you can wear last years styles!), and still extremely comfy and very trendy.  













 
 I bought them at Kohl's- because Kohl's has never steered me wrong in the footwear department, both in style and price.  Another awesome spot (and they have kick ass online deals) is DSW. Even if I don't buy anything, I LOVE to browse their site.










This is my shoulder.  Isn't it lovely?  

Guess where this shirt came from!.... Nope, it's not H&M, or Express, or even Macy's.  It's from Marshalls!  SO cute!  It was an impromptu gift from my fabulous mother-in-law, Val.  (Here-here to wonderful mother-in-laws).  My husband had it waiting for me when I came home from my night class on Wednesday, and I couldn't wait to wear it.  

"The General" shoulder pads- no bulk, an adorable metallic accent, and most certainly "in" this season.  She left the price tag on (not that it matters), so I can tell you that this shirt was cee.aitch.eee.ay.pea, CHEAP! ($12)

Okay, the pants.  Target.  Thank you, baby jesus, for Target,  I'm not sure if I could survive without that store at this juncture in my life.  These things are SUPER comfy (and I am about the pickiest person on the planet when it comes to rocking pants).  Best part... they're $15 $21.99.

You will get a lot of wear out of these.  I paired them with a casual (but cute) tee today, but these could be worn with a nicer blouse and some pumps, or a slinky top/blazer combo with a great ankle boot.  Get you some!

Sister friend to the left is a healthy, robust woman, so pardon the hips.  But they suit any shape: curvy or not.  And don't be afraid to rock the above-the-hip fit.  It will accentuate whatever you're tww-working with.





My accessories today are simple:  a homemade scarf (cheap as cheap can get), a chunky black cuff bracelet,  and some earrings from Forever21.

Accessorize how you see fit, with ANY outfit you come up with!  I'm not here to tell you how to dress, and I am not here to tell you how to embellish your ensembles.  

I take bits and pieces from every blog I read, every woman I see, every outfit I love, and I do what I want with it.  I hope you do the same.  I hope to be a source of inspiration to get out there and create something trendy for yourself.  Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you can't look good on a budget.  It IS possible!


{The total cost of the outfit I have on is about $72.00.  Each piece can be rotated in my wardrobe, which is KEY to saving.  I cannot stress enough to spend your money on items you will get a ton of use out of!}

Until Monday, new friends!  

Warmth and kindness

Chao!


Share


No comments:

Post a Comment